10 Dec Botox Aftercare
Botox aftercare made easy
Botox injections are one of the most popular aesthetic treatments available. The substance, Botulinum Toxin, is a neurotoxin protein that causes muscles to relax by blocking the nerve impulse to muscle. When precisely administered by medical professionals beneficial results can be attained, dealing with concerns including fine lines and wrinkles, excessive sweating and in some cases migraines.
Aftercare is very simple, and for most will be easy to follow.
First 12 Hours
During this period it’s important to allow the botulinum toxin to settle into the area it has been injected.
- avoid massaging the area or applying heat
- you don’t want to do anything that can cause your skin to flush- such as exercise, alcohol consumption or activities that involve hot water (eg. a bath, hot tub)
- don’t bend over or hand head upside down
- avoid sleeping on your face for the first night TOP TIP: arranging pillows to act as a buffer can help with this
24/48 hrs after treatment, its important to avoid…
- Dental treatment
- Hairdressing appointments
- Spa treatments
- Horse riding
- Gym sessions
Follow-Up Botox Appointment
Around 2 weeks after your appointment you’ll come in for a follow-up. At this point your practitioner will assess how the treatment have taken, the overall effect it has created and how this met the expectations you discussed in your consultation.
This isn’t a “top-up” appointment, it’s an opportunity to make sure your goal has been achieved. However, in some cases it is necessary to administer a few small injections.